What do you think of the changes here at the blog?

We at Miles and Even More had a rather quiet birthday, to celebrate this blog that's has been around for a little over the year now. And while the blog largely looks the same as it did when it started, I thought I'd do a little to make it a bit more convenient for readers.

Here's a quick look at these recent changes.

Blog logo

I tried a lot of things, but eventually decided to reduce the height of the logo.


I did this because I felt it was occupying too much space relative to the rest of the blog. One less click, one less pres of the "down" arrow, one less scroll down of the mouse!

Hot articles scroll

I introduced a scroll to show the top 10 recent articles. This is located just below the blog logo, and looks something like this.


I felt this would help readers access the latest, again, with minimal scroll-downs. Also, clicking on these hyperlinks opens up the post in a new page, so you can continue browsing the current one before you move to the next.

Air India-Star Alliance resources

This has to be the biggest thing in Indian points and miles space in a long time. Considering that, and also considering what I plan to write about in this area, I felt it would be a good idea to introduce an AI-Star Alliance Resources tab. You'll find it on the top left of the page, below the hot articles scroll.


Social media links

It struck me that the links to be able to access the blog's pages on social media, were hidden away! Now that's of no use to anyone, right?


So you'll now find it on the top right of the blog, just below the hot articles scroll.

Post categories

Finally, I realised that there were too many visible tags. Now, sometimes this serves a purpose and sometimes it doesn't. So here's what I did:


Just below the social media tab, you'll find direct links to the top categories, ie those with a large number of posts. This is dynamic, so you'll see these change every one in a while. However, if you want to access other categories, there's a drop-down just below the top categories, where you can look for whatever category interests you and is on the blog.

Conclusion

I do hope these changes have been useful. Thank you for helping this blog celebrate a year of existence...you've been great! And hopefully, there's many more years to come! Do let me know if you wish to see something different in terms of content or form (remembering that I'm not a tech person!), anything in particular you'd like me to address or write about, or any questions you might have. Or just about anything at all.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon