Afternoon tea and evening cocktails at Conrad Centennial Singapore

As readers might know, I was in Singapore a few weeks ago, and spent three nights at the Conrad Centennial Singapore. The one thing I haven't written about yet from that trip, is the executive lounge at the Conrad, so here it is.


I had a light but late breakfast at the Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium on the Sunday morning, mainly because of the excesses of the previous night. I'd also been allowed to check out late (2 pm), which I'd requested because the regular check-in time at the Conrad Singapore is 3 pm.

I reached the Conrad at around 2.30 pm, and was immediately assigned a room on a high floor, and given access to the executive lounge, thanks to my Hilton HHonors Diamond status obtained through status matching. Sadly, that doesn't guarantee you an upgrade to a suite.

At check-in, I was informed that the lounge had an afternoon English tea service, as well as evening cocktails setting with hors d'oeuvres. Those are sort of code for lunch and dinner, even if the spread is generally cold fare and a limited one at that. So after I left my stuff in my room, I headed up to the lounge on the hotel's 31st floor.



Afternoon tea service

One of the best aspects of the service is actually the views you can enjoy from the lounge. The lounge was filled light, so I was able to find seat facing the marina area. You'll agree that the views are awesome!


There are servers in the lounge who can get you tea, coffee and juices at your table, though there's also a self-service machine.


There's a sort of ante-room where the food is laid out. Given how small the room is, the spread isn't really large.


For the afternoon tea service, they had finger sandwiches, scones...





...a couple of desserts, pralines, fresh fruit...


...candied fruit and vegetables...


...a light cous-cous salad...





...salad and cold cuts...



...and finally, soft drinks and beer.



The lounge also looks out over the Suntec City roundabout...another fabulous view!


The lounge also has a small selection of newspapers and magazines, if you want to, well, lounge about!


Overall, the food was pretty good. While not extensive, it can serve as an option for a quick, possibly light, lunch.

Evening cocktails

I also tried the lounge for their evening cocktails service, the following day. Because I was late coming in from work, and had to meet someone for dinner outside, this was a quick visit, and only because I mainly wanted to see what was on offer, rather than try it out.

This time, there was an more extensive and warm buffet on offer, which included pasta, hakka noodles, fried rice and some local seafood favourites.


They also had salads, a limited cold cuts selection, and cut fruit.




Drinks included the usual wines and spirits, as well as this!




And of course, the evening views (yes, same table as where I had afternoon tea) were absolutely stunning!


The staff keep checking on you quite often to see if you need anything. Overall, the lounge food was OK - nothing exceptional, though the service was great!

But the views...!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon