Trip report: Chennai to Singapore on Jet Airways B738 business class

This is going to be a short report, simply because with a 2.05 am departure, and lots of running around on the eve of my flight, I had to catch some rest on the flight. Nonetheless, here is a quick report of the flight for your reading. I have a more detailed report coming up for the return trip.


MAA-SIN

Flight: 9W016 | 4h 15m | 1816 miles | Business Class | Seat 3A

The lounge in MAA's international terminal isn't worth visiting, and so I'm not going to write about it. In any case, I made it to check-in with just over half hour to spare before boarding. After completing immigration and security checks, I waited for no more than 5 minutes at the departure gate, before we were bussed to the aircraft. Typically, narrow body international flights from MAA don't get aerobridge gates, which explains the apron parking.

Jet Airways B737-800 business class seat


Initially, the business class cabin was only 7/12 full, with 5 seats (including the 3 other seats in my row 3) empty. Then just before the doors were closed, a family of 5 took the remaining seats.

Jet Airways B737-800 business class cabin

The seats are standard business class seats on the B738 that are used for domestic operations by Jet Airways.

Jet Airways B737-800 business class leg room

Upon boarding, I informed the IFE that I didn't want any supper, but inquired if there was going to be a pre-landing breakfast service. No such luck. But she did offer to get me coffee, cookies and some fruit prior to landing. So I requested not no be woken up for supper service.

The IFE then got me eye shades and a pair of flight socks.

Jet Airways B737-800 business class shades and compression socks

A little while later, as I was trying to settle in for a 4-hour nap, another FA woke me up with the menus. I decided to give it a look, nonetheless. Here it is.

Jet Airways B737-800 business class supper menu

 Jet Airways B737-800 business class drinks menu

 Jet Airways B737-800 business class drinks menu

I decided that not having at least a glass of champagne would not be good form, so I decided not to incur the wrath of unconsumed grapes.

Jet Airways B737-800 business class champagne and warm nuts

 And I slept!

Jet Airways B737-800 Dawn before Singapore

I awoke about an hour before landing, but for whatever inexplicable reason, all the FAs were scurrying about, and the captain turned on the seat belts sign indicating our descent and imminent landing. So no coffee, cookies or fruit.

Jet Airways B737-800 final approach into Singapore

 Jet Airways B737-800 final approach into Singapore


Jet Airways B737-800 final approach into Singapore


Jet Airways B737-800 landing in Singapore

We landed and taxied to one of the gates at Singapore's Changi Airport Terminal 3, next to this beautiful big bird!

Singapore Changi Airport - Singapore Airlines A380

 Singapore Changi Airport - Singapore Airlines A380

Immigration was a breeze.

Singapore Changi Airport - Arrival hall

 Singapore Changi Airport - Arrival hall

Being one of the first arrivals of the day, the baggage belts were empty, and we got our luggage in no time.

Singapore Changi Airport - Baggage carousel

Singapore Changi Airport - Arrival hall 

In all, it was a pretty decent flight, minus the fact that I didn't get my pre-landing coffee, cookies and fruit. I can get quite irritable without my morning coffee, which is why I was keen to have it on board. Nonetheless, things turned out fine in the end, and I managed to reach my hotel room without killing anyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon