Hotel review: Hilton Jaipur standard room and lounge

I've been traveling a reasonable bit in December 2014, which included two stays in Jaipur (of 2 days and 1 day). Fortunately, I was able to book both stays using my HHonors points when the hotel was available for 5,000 points a night; it has since gone up to 20,000 points, after Hilton's category revisions made the Hilton Jaipur a Category 3 hotel. My first stay was in a standard room, which I'm writing about in this post. Another post will feature the suite at this hotel, that I was upgraded to.



This is a franchised hotel. However, it is also the first time I've seen the local owner's name displayed so prominently at the hotel. 

Also, do excuse the quality of pictures - I reached Jaipur late evening, and was too tired to try and locate all the lights (it was difficult!), so the room pictures are in low-light conditions.

It was just before Christmas, and so there was a bit of decoration in the lobby area.

Lobby with X-mas decorations

Reception and waiting area

Check in was fairly smooth so no complaints there. I had requested for a room upgrade as an HHonors Gold member; however, the only "upgrade" I seem to have got was to a room with lounge access. 

Vestibule
Bed view

TV and some storage

Minibar

Work desk and coffee maker


The bathroom was reasonably large, but I thought there was a fair bit of wasted space that could have been utilised a lot better and differently.

Bathtub

Shower cubicle

Bathroom and bat products

The bath accessories were by Peter Thomas Roth, which now seems to be the standard. However, this hotel was quite tight-fisted with giving out additional bath supplies, which I had a requirement for - I had to ring them up 6 or 7 times just to get some additional soaps and shampoo!

After I unpacked, etc, I headed out to the lounge that's open till 8 pm, to grab a quick drink and a light supper. 


The lounge was located on the same floor as my room - the 9th - but the way was paved with the carpet in the above image which, for some strange reason, reminds me of the Sheraton Dubai. Anyway...

Entrance to lounge

Lounge seating

Lounge - food

Lounge - food

Lounge - drinks

The lounge has a limited selection of drinks - both soft and alcoholic, and some wine (red and white). I settled for some canapes and a whisky with soda.

Canapes and whisky

I didn't get a chance to visit the restaurant (Aurum) or the bar (Krystal) on this visit, so I have no comments on those. However going by the food in the lounge (same kitchen as for the restaurant), the food quality is a 6/10. Also note, that while you can ask for eggs to order at the lounge, expect a long-ish wait for those eggs.

Overall, the stay here was OK. It was definitely comfortable, but there's some work going on at the 10th floor, so the noise can sometimes get a little annoying if your room is on the 9th floor. The work is, however, expected to be completed by June 2015. Also, remember that this hotel doesn't part with bath supplies all that easily!


Comments

  1. Thanks for your review! I'll be staying at Hilton Jaipur as a HH Diamond in just a few weeks. As it really sounds good in your review, I can't wait. Especially the lounge looks comparably good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon