Hotel review: JW Marriott, Bangalore - Part 2

I was at the JW Marriott in Bangalore thrice in a span of 8 days. My first stay was for just one night - in fact, just about 5 hours or so - but I wrote about it here. This post is about my second and third stays together, since (a) there was gap of only one day between these stays (the first was for 2 nights and the second for 1 night), and (b) they were on the same floor - in fact, in adjacent rooms.

So this time, I had a much better experience overall. On both stays 2 and 3, I got my Marriott Rewards Silver amenities delivered to my room like clockwork, and there were no issues at check-in either. What's more, this time, my stays were on the 12th floor,




in rooms that had balconies overlooking Cubbon Park and the state legislature.


Also this time, I was able to get some amount of time in the room, in daylight hours! I can’t tell you just how much of a difference that can make!


Again, I appreciated the large king-size bed with an excess of pillows (well, I don’t think there’s any such thing as too many pillows!).


Though unlike the room on my first stay, there was no divan. Instead, there was a balcony with a couple of chairs, which made it a great place for morning coffee and the newspaper! 


And of course, the usual trappings of a work desk, TV/minibar and coffee-maker.



The night view from the balcony was no less stunning, even if it was just of the traffic on the roads below!


Strangely, while the overall feel of the two rooms in these 2 stays were largely similar, there were quite a few differences. For instance, note the layout of the bathroom is different - not just compared to stay #1, but even between the 2 adjacent rooms in stays #2 and #3.

These are from stay #2.

Shower and toilet on the left, wash straight ahead, bath tub on the right (not in pic)

Shower and toilet
And these, from stay #3.

Sliding door from bedroom, opening to the bath area

Can you see the difference in size? This bathroom is far larger than the one in stay #2
Also, the room in stay #3 had some small extras - a mouse pad and a connectivity pouch to connect to the TV!


I don't think consistency was a virtue that went into building this hotel!

The hotel has several eating spaces - a tapas bar, Indian and Italian restaurants, and a Deli. However, I managed to catch only breakfast at the International cuisine coffee shop - the JW Kitchen.


There was the usual spread of juices, cereals, Asian food, eggs to order, Indian food counter, a separate section just for yogurts and such, as well as breads and bakes, and fresh fruit.






I normally don't get to enjoy breakfast, but the spread here was super, and the staff were extremely helpful, that I might just go to this place again only for the breakfast! There's also lots of seating for groups of all sizes, and the place is quite well laid out.



Overall, I had much better stays on these 2nd and 3rd visits of mine. No service issues, and significantly much more comfortable experiences. 

Have you been to this hotel? What are your experiences?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon