My favourite elite status story

Despite what I said about not actively looking to renew my elite status, I must admit that elite status with loyalty programs is always good to have. Which is why it always makes for a great story when you read about ingenious, fascinating or simply brilliant ways to maximise points, miles or elite status in general.

And when you read a story like Will's, you'll agree with me that it combines all three of those adjectives! This is a bit old, but is an evergreen one to me. Will is a reader of Head For Points, and this story was reported there. It truly warms the heart to find out that there are people that can game the system like him!

A big thank you to HFP for permission to refer to this piece, which begins like this...

...

I’m already Hilton Gold …. and emailed Hilton to request a Diamond Status challenge. They obliged and offered me Diamond with 21 nights in 90 days. [Note: given that Diamond usually requires 60 nights in 365 days, Hilton probably doesn't feel that this challenge is very generous, but it did work nicely for Will]

I had 3 nights already booked in Moscow so needed another 18 nights ... [read more]


Do you have a personal favourite loyalty story?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smoking areas at Indian airports

4x HHonors points with Hilton's More Nights More Points promo

IHG promotion for 2x points on all in-hotel spends