My favourite elite status story

Despite what I said about not actively looking to renew my elite status, I must admit that elite status with loyalty programs is always good to have. Which is why it always makes for a great story when you read about ingenious, fascinating or simply brilliant ways to maximise points, miles or elite status in general.

And when you read a story like Will's, you'll agree with me that it combines all three of those adjectives! This is a bit old, but is an evergreen one to me. Will is a reader of Head For Points, and this story was reported there. It truly warms the heart to find out that there are people that can game the system like him!

A big thank you to HFP for permission to refer to this piece, which begins like this...

...

I’m already Hilton Gold …. and emailed Hilton to request a Diamond Status challenge. They obliged and offered me Diamond with 21 nights in 90 days. [Note: given that Diamond usually requires 60 nights in 365 days, Hilton probably doesn't feel that this challenge is very generous, but it did work nicely for Will]

I had 3 nights already booked in Moscow so needed another 18 nights ... [read more]


Do you have a personal favourite loyalty story?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon