Does this count as a mistake rate?

I've been thinking Maldives for some time now. Great beaches, some excellent hotels, overwater villas...What's not to like about the place? Maybe just the cost. While there is a range of options available, peak season hotel rates can begin to look obscene. Particularly if you're looking to pay out of pocket (in India, we don't have credit cards with huge sign-on bonuses).

This is what I mean.



The one above is with Hilton. Below are the options with SPG.


The above rates with Hilton and SPG aren't encouraging at all. It isn't any different with points either.

So I was really looking forward to booking an entire year's worth of stay when I saw THIS.



Notice the currency - MVR. 295.50 MVR is approximately Rs 1,145 (or US$ 19.20). For a room night in the Maldives? Are you kidding me?

Sadly, yes.



Turns out, the currency is displayed wrongly on the search results page, and should actually read as US$. That's right, this base room costs US$ 295.50, or more than 15 times the price that was originally displayed.

I certainly wouldn't put this down as a mistake rate, but I'll blame IHG for making my heart skip a couple of beats!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon