An Indian perspective to major hotel chains (and their loyalty programs)

Reader Ravikiran left a comment on the blog recently, asking (among other things) about the "best hotel chain loyalty program out there, primarily for stays in India". My answer to that question, as is generally the case with every such question on loyalty, is "it depends".

However, that got me thinking. For some time now, I've been meaning to write about hotel chains in India, and Ravikiran's comment has now forced my hand. So I propose to do a series with an Indian perspective, of some of the major international hotel chains. And because the content for this is likely to be too long for a single post, I propose to go about it in pieces - a separate post for every hotel chain - in which I propose to cover:


While I've stayed at at least a couple of the Indian properties of the above chains (also see the section on trip and other reports), I'll be the first to admit that my extent of stays may not be much. Also, my travels in India generally don't take me much outside the large / metropolitan cities, which is another point to keep in mind. Nonetheless, I'll offer my perspective to things as best as I can. Also, the posts will be largely from the standpoint of a base level membership, though I'll add my own experience relative to my status within each of those programs.

However, I do not propose to write about Accor Le Club, Club Carlson and Hyatt, because I haven't stayed much with them in the past, and don't have any great plans either. I've been to the Pullman in Gurgaon only once (last year), and the Radisson Blue Temple Bay Mamallapuram (also, last year). And I stayed at the Park Hyatt Goa much before that (before my travel writing days, and so you won't find anything on that here).

I hope you like this series.

An overall caveat: while much of the information in the posts is sourced from the program's websites, the analysis, views and opinions are entirely mine. So, as it is with everything in the points and miles game, YMMV!

Also, if you have any comments or inputs that you want to add, or you'd like me to keep in mind when writing this series, please please write in.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon