IHG Big Win finally posts

It is finally working! IHG had some issues tracking the "Book with us" hurdle / challenge that was a part of the Big Win promotion that IHG ran (and runs till 30 April 2014). LoyaltyLobby wrote about the issues and what actions to take.

I normally don't get to stay much with IHG, but when I learnt that there was one stay coming up at the Crowne Plaza, I decided to make my move. I also registered for a pile of promotions (though to be fair, not all were successful, and even those I could register for haven't necessarily posted). Then one thing led to another, and I had stayed at the Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, as well as the Intercontinental Marine Drive, Mumbai.

In effect, I'd completed three of my Big Win hurdles, and the fourth (which involved booking at least two stays using the IHG website or from a mobile device) hadn't yet been recorded by IHG. As it turns out, they had some technology issues, which they admitted in response to my points discrepancy notice.

However, late last evening, I did receive an email that said:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx

Way to go! You took advantage of your personalised offers and earned your Big Win of 23,000 points. It’s time to celebrate. And when you do, please take advantage of the unparalleled opportunities to continue earning points at our more than 4,600 hotels in nearly 100 countries and territories. Look out for more ways to win from us because nothing makes us happier than seeing you win. Congratulations again.


This is great stuff. While my Big Win wasn't all that BIG (offers depended on past history of stays with IHG, of which I had next to nothing), it turned out to be quite good. In short, I earned 23,000 out of a possible 34,000 bonus points on offer to me. Here's a quick summary of my earnings from this promotion.



I'm not complaining. For someone who hardly stays with IHG, a total of 65,000 points earned in just over a month, is exactly why I like this points & miles game! I could do another 3k points if I stayed at another Holiday Inn in the next one week, but I'm not going to get greedy now!

Have your Big Wins posted yet?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon