Hello, 6E, I see what you did there...

I flew Indigo a couple of times in the last 2-3 weeks, and one of those was a rather long flight. Now, Indigo's in-flight magazine Hello 6E (6E being a near-homophone for "sexy") isn't exactly a literary prize winner. Mostly, it is a Burlingtons-esque marketing catalogue for a variety of lifestyle and travel products, and also has the menu for the in-flight F&B services (that menu, BTW, hasn't changed much over the years). So quite obviously, it isn't a very engrossing read.

You can imagine how bored I was, when I tell you that I actually began taking some interest in the magazine. That's when I noticed this image peddling a wallet...and what looks to be a Jet Airways membership card!



It is quite teeny, and doesn't really catch the eye unless you're looking for it. Obviously, someone wanted a very realistic image, I suppose!

And I'm positive I've seen this product advertised in Hello 6E for many months - if not years - now, so this must have been the image all this while. Which also means possible copyright issues, not to mention just a *little* bit of unintended promotion (if you can call it that), for Jet Airways - a competitor of Indigo's in India.

But that's not the end of the story. A couple of days later, I was on another Indigo flight, and this time I was clearly contemplating taking a copy of the book back with me, just for this image. I browsed through the magazine to the relevant page, when lo and behold



...the image was gone! Obviously, someone was keen-eyed enough to spot it, and the airline took corrective action.

Some other images continue to remain on this picture, though. In particular, the text and/or logos of HDFC Bank and American Express (both of which have co-branded credit card partnerships with Jet Airways), as also HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank are partially visible but clearly identifiable. I'm not certain how much of a copyright issue this causes, but Indigo clearly needs to be a lot more careful with what it includes in its materials.

What bloopers have you seen elsewhere?


Comments

  1. The 6E is not just for the homophone effect, but also because that's the airline code of Indigo.. Im sure you noticed that..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon