Yay! My Hilton Premium Club joining kit just arrived!!!

A few days back, I had posted about the Hilton Premium Club (HPC), and how I found the benefits to be quite valuable. What I did NOT mention at that stage, mainly because it sounded rather foolish at that point, was that I had inquired via their website, if they would consider giving me,  a HHonors Gold member and a reasonably regular blogger on travel/hotels/miles/etc, a complimentary membership to the HPC.

The upshot of it was, that on Saturday last, I got a call from one of the agents at HPC reconfirming my address, and yesterday, I received my complimentary kit! You may recall that in my earlier post, I had mentioned that joining the HPC meant you had to select one of their specific properties to align yourself to. This has its own pros and cons, simply because the benefits are a mix of things that are useful if you're (a) a visitor to that city and (b) you're a local. More on that further on in this post. Back to the point, HPC have given me a complimentary membership to the Hilton Chennai's deal with HPC, and here's what I received...



In all, the welcome kit contains:
  • membership cards (most all of the benefits are non-transferable, but the other half can use my benefits so she too gets a card) which need to be presented (applies to all non-transferable certificates)
  • 1 certificate for 1 night in a base level room at the Hilton Chennai (transferable)
  • 2 certificates for a one-class room upgrade when staying in a paid room at the Hilton Chennai
  • 3 certificates for 30% off Best Available Rate at all participating Hilton India properties
  • 1 certificate for buffet lunch for 2 at Hilton Chennai
  • 1 certificate for 2 cocktails / mocktails at Hilton Chennai when dining there
  • 4 certificates for 50% off on food and 20% off on beverages for groups of up to 10 dining at Hilton Chennai
  • 1 certificate for a 1 kg chocolate cake at Hilton Chennai when dining there
In all, I thought this was a great deal. Even if I had paid Rs 6500 plus taxes on it (totally about Rs 7700 or ~US$ 135), this would've been a steal!

Conclusion

Hey Hilton ... you guys rock! And I suppose I could say that you know how to take care of your own ;-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon