Check to see if GHA has offered you a fast track status


GHA, or the Global Hotel Alliance, is a coming together of some smaller and independent hotel chains across the world, which use the GHA loyalty program as their common program. I've not had the chance to write much about GHA on this blog (mainly because they have limited Indian presence - mostly through the Leela group of hotels).

However, that doesn't mean that they don't have some good offers and promotions every now and then. I was able to snag a free upgrade to their Platinum level without having stayed even once with them, in January this year, and immediately got to stay at the the Ambience Kempinski Hotel in Delhi at a fantastic price. They also keep having month-end flash sales every so often, 


Earlier today, I was checking that account to see if there was anything new on offer that I could use for an upcoming stay, and saw this as soon as I logged into my account:


So, I've been offered Black status, which normally comes after 30 stays as Platinum, after just ONE stay at a GHA member brand that I've not stayed at before. Since I've really stayed at only one brand so far, this requirement will be quite easy for me - question is, do I want to.

But more importantly, I'm given to understand that most (all, perhaps?) GHA Discovery members have been made either this or a similar status upgrade offer. So you may want to check your GHA accounts right away...who knows if they've sent you a Christmas present!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon