So JetPrivilege sent me a mail today, telling me ...

Earlier today, I received an email from JetPrivilege (JP) with this eye-catching (not) and important-looking banner. (I'm sure many of you did too, though I'm not certain if you read through it.)


Naturally curious, I started to read on.

The flirtation began with how JP is important to me, that they are planning stuff to "further develop" the program, reorganisation of the program, separate entity handling JP, etc etc. Okay...

Then the smooth talking about earnings, rewards, on-ground services, online access (really???) and general stuff. Fine, you're warming me up...

Playing footsie next. They will keep my data secure and confidential, and I don't have to worry about that. How nice!

And now that you've titillated me enough, for the climax that was to follow.

At JetPrivilege we constantly strive to improve our service and provide you with nothing but the best. This next step in our journey is testimony to our endeavour to achieving excellence in the products and services we offer to you. To this end, the JPPL management team has embarked upon an exercise to enhance and enrich your overall experience with the JetPrivilege programme, including improvements to the miles accrual and redemption offering on Jet Airways and JetKonnect – changes that are designed to recognize and reward your loyalty. We will keep you updated on these exciting enhancements in the near future.
What?????

The next step is your "endeavour to achieving excellence"? You've "embarked on an exercise"? You will "keep me updated"? You don't say!

So JP sent me a mail today, telling me that they'll tell me something sometime soon. There's a NSFW slang term for that, used in India, which goes "KLPD". Please do not Google it up if you're at work or around kids!

PS: On a more serious note, enriching the overall JP experience is long overdue. While I agree they've done little bits in the past, I'd like to see more recognition and benefits for elite members. I wrote about why I won't bother renewing JP Gold status, and what might make me change my mind. I'd like to see some of my "nice to have"s implemented. Like system-wide upgrades. Like better reward redemption availability on Jet metal. Like better awards availability and seamless booking on partner airlines. Like a whole load of things. The list can go much longer, but I'd certainly like to see some positive changes.

What changes would you like to see to the JP program?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon