From 5* hotels to tents - a question for you

The last few weeks have been relatively hectic in terms of travel, with quite a few (and different) hotel stays thrown in. This includes stays at the following places for which I've written up trip reports:

The The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata
The ITC Windsor, Bangalore
The Radisson Blu Temple Bay Mamallapuram
The Westin Velachery, Chennai

The ITC Grand Central Mumbai
The ITC Rajputana, Jaipur


and the following pending ones, that should see the light of day pretty soon:

The Hilton, Chennai
The Hilton Garden Inn, Baani Square, Gurgaon.

But recently, I was part of a corporate offsite event at a rough-it-out back-of-beyond outpost, and stayed in a tent like this one, with 12 of us to a tent!



And can I tell you, it was awesome! After all those hotel stays, it was most definitely a change. At the end of it all, a few of my colleagues - who know how much I love traveling and staying at different hotels - asked me what I missed most at the campsite that I could have easily taken for granted at hotels.

It was a tough question, but after much thought, my honest view was that there was really nothing I "missed" as such. Sure, there could have well been a whole load of things that were not there at the campsite - say things like a belldesk, gymnasium, room service, king/queen size bed, cable TV, what have you. But there was nothing that I felt I really missed. Except perhaps my black coffee first thing in the morning (they served us tea, though).

So tell me, dear reader - what is it that you're likely to miss the most, if you had to stay at place like this?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon