A quick visit to the Amex Platinum Lounge in DEL

It was a quick visit - and I mean it when I say QUICK! No more than 20 minutes. I had recently received my Amex Jet Airways Platinum credit card, and for some reason that I can't recall now, I couldn't use it in BOM the last time I was there. So naturally, I was quite keen and excited to use it in DEL when I was there last week.

The lounge is in the domestic terminal section of Terminal 3, and located just near where the main concourse splits (to the right for Air India flights, mainly; and to the left for all others). The agent at the front desk asked for my boarding pass (I was flying AI, not that it matters), and my Amex credit card. He invited me in, and mentioned that he'd return the boarding pass and credit card in a minute.

The lounge itself is rather small - possibly no more than 20 seats - and there was a small round table for two that was free, so I parked myself there.




Almost immediately, the hostess came over with a menu card, and asked if I wanted something to drink while I considered my order. I asked for a double espresso, having missed my afternoon coffee fix due to an extended meeting, and pored over the menu. There were no prices listed, except for beer and spirits, and so I didn't know if food was chargeable or not. Turns out, food isn't charged for (and I thought I knew my Amex!).





I asked for a roast chicken sandwich, which was served at my table quite quickly.



I ate as I finished some work and made a couple of phonecalls. By that time, boarding was being announced, and the agent who met me at the entrance came over to inform me that boarding had been announced. I quickly signed the proffered charge slip (with a Rs 0.01 transaction value - their way of saying, there isn't such a thing as a free meal?), and headed for my flight, but not before I thanked a very friendly, grateful and smiling hostess for the excellent and efficient service.

Short, and sweet. Thank you, Amex!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Marriott Silver status...

50% off at Marriott in Thailand, for one night

Qatar, Etihad and Gulf Air fare sales - ending soon